At April King customer satisfaction is really important to us. We always strive for perfection but we are only human, and sometimes we can make mistakes. This policy sets out how we deal with complaints and your rights.
If we have made a mistake, please contact your advisor as soon as possible, and they will do everything they can to make it right.
If having spoken with your advisor you are dissatisfied with the outcome and would like to make a complaint, please write to us or email us. We cannot deal with complaints over the telephone as this does not give us the opportunity to fully investigate the circumstances and offer you a fair response.
You can either:
- Email email@example.com
- Write to us at the following address:
April King Legal
278 – 290 Huntingdon Street
Please let us know:
- Your full name and address, email address and mobile number
- That you are making a formal complaint
- The name of your advisor
- What you have instructed us to do (e.g. write a Will, make LPAs…)
- When you instructed us
- What you think has gone wrong or was not done properly
- How you would like us to put things right
How we will deal with your complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days.
We will provide a full response and decision within a further 15 business days.
What to do if you are not satisfied
If you are not satisfied with how we have decided your complaint, you can ask us to review the decision. Please let us know the reasons why you feel our decision is not the correct one. On receipt of your request, we will review the matter and respond to you within a further 15 business days.
Should I complain to my advisor’s regulator?
You must first use the firm’s complaints process. Should you still feel dissatisfied having exhausted the above process, then you may be able to complaint to the advisor’s regulator if:
- Your advisor is a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive and
- Your complaint relates to a matter covered by the SRA’s or CILEX’s Code of Conduct
Regulators deal with matters such as: